Futures thinking tool
The Futures thinking tool is designed to help you explore how our society and environment may be shaped in the future.
Using the Futures thinking tool
View the Futures thinking tool online. The demo will show you how to use the tool. You can explore the futures issues we’ve supplied, or you can register and create your own. Registering also allows you to set up accounts for your students to work online.
Futures frameworks in the tool
The tool uses thinking frameworks to help you explore a futures issue. Each thinking framework can be examined from personal, local, national and global perspectives:
- Existing situation – what happens now and why?
- Trends – how does this differ from the past and why?
- Drivers – what is causing the changes and why?
- Possible futures – what might happen in the future?
- Preferable futures – what do you want to happen in the future and why?
You will need the latest version of Flash Player to use the tool.