The New Zealand Tree Project
Date: 14/12/15 to 18/02/18
The New Zealand Tree Project is an innovative film and photography venture that captures imagery of majestic trees from viewpoints that people rarely get to experience from the forest floor. By using innovative mediums such as time-lapse, hyper-lapse and 3D video, coupled with custom built camera rigs, drones and 50m long cable cameras, the team were able to create one of a kind footage of the forest from ground breaking new angles.
The exhibition features a 4x2m portrait of a rimu. Alongside this portrait will be an extensive line up supporting media which has been described as a 'Media Storm'. Dynamic large format photographic prints and an epic time lapse video complement the rimu portrait and describe the climbing and creative experiences during the shoot.
This is a list of all the confirmed exhibitions in New Zealand. There are several exhibitions still under negotiation.
- 14 December 2015 - 29 January 2016 - RAMP Gallery, Wintec, Hamilton
- 19-28 February 2016 - Hamilton Gardens Arts Festival, Hamilton
- 27 May - 2 June 2016 - Gus Fisher Gallery, Auckland
- 1 December 2016 - 31 January 2017 - Pataka Art + Museum, Porirua
- 18 November 2017 - 18 February 2018 - Waikato Museum, Hamilton
For more information, visit: www.nztreeproject.com/about/#project